Tax preparation services for Honolulu and all of Oahu.
Privacy and Security
We take security VERY seriously. If anything we would say that your info is safer with us than with a big firm or web service.
In the past, we’ve seen colleagues (at the big firms) treating client info in an extremely unsecured fashion . We will never treat our clients in this manner.
Tax Services Oahu – Privacy and Ethics
Privacy is a very serious matter to us.
You information will not be sold or shared to anyone in any way, and your data will be treated with the utmost care and vigilance.
The things you tell us about your tax situation stay between the client and firm only.
Our primary goal is to always produce an ethical product. Our clients can sleep well at night without fear of potentially disastrous rulings against them in the future.
Please do not ask us to do anything outside of the tax code in the preparation of your foreign income tax returns. If this is your intention, perhaps we are not a good match for each other. No hard feelings, but no deal.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from various sources, including:
- Interviews regarding your tax situation
- Applications, organizers, or other documents that supply such information as your name, address, telephone number, Social Security Number, number of dependents, income, and other tax related data.
- Tax related documents you provide that are required for processing your tax returns, such as forms W2, 1099R, 1099INT, and 1099DIV, and stock transactions.
We do not disclose any nonpublic information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except by request by our clients or as required by law.
We restrict access to personal information concerning you, except to our employees who need such information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information
Tax Services Oahu – Security
Here’s a quick list of our security policy:
- We use a dedicated desktop computer. All we do is accounting and tax services on that CPU. We are certainly never at “Starbucks” doing your taxes, for example.
- This computer and any backups are locked in an office that only we have access to.
- We not only delete files, but we totally erase them using 3rd party software that eliminates (disintegrates) them completely form our computers. We do this with emails and all other correspondence.
- We do not download emails or documents to our cell phones or other devices.
- Emails with sensitive information are omitted from thread history in subsequent emails
- Upon request, we password protect all PDFs sent via email, clud sharing, or Skype transfer.
- If the client prefers, we can transfer files using Dropbox or even “Spider Oak” – which is known for having excellent security.
- Any bank account number or social security number can be sent in part by two methods. For example many clients can send part of the number via live phone call, Skype, or text – the rest of the number can be sent via email.