Tod Marcus Inc (Tax Services Oahu) – CLIENT SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Client Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) between the “Client(s)” -AND- Tod Marcus Inc. (Tax Services Oahu), (the “Tax Preparer”)
Terms of engagement:
- This client service engagement remains in effect until cancelled by the client or by the tax preparer.
- Both the client and/or the tax preparer can terminate the agreement at any time requiring no specific explanation or advanced notice.
- If the client requests tax preparation work from the preparer, the tax preparer produces that work, and the client decides to disengage prior to completion, the client agrees to pay the preparer’s normal fees for the work that was completed.
- The tax preparer generally charges by the form.
- Quoted rates are estimates and prices may be subject to change from year to year.
Bookkeeping is not included in the price quoted for GE tax preparation:
- To avoid bookkeeping fees, the client will provide final gross numbers and exemption amounts.
- The tax preparer charges additionally to extract, interpret, sum, or merge data from receipts, ledgers, bank statements, or other documents that are not fully completed and categorized financial statements.
- There are tax situations that were not presented, in addition to, or not discussed when the originally quote was provided.
- Extra time is needed to organize the client’s data.
- More than one hour of advice or support is requested by the client.
GE Tax Account(s):
- The client will determine the correct GE Tax account in which to file to correctly report the activity.
- This engagement does not include support, representation, or amended returns if an incorrect account is selected by the client.
- For an additional fee, the tax preparer may provide representation, support, and amended tax returns to resolve incorrect account filings at the discretion of the tax preparer. The tax preparer will not always have the availability to help with resolving issues with the filings.
This engagement is for Hawaii GE or TA tax preparation services only. It does not include:
- Representation before the IRS or a State Tax Agency or other items requiring power of attorney.
- Non-Hawaii Sales Tax filings
- Annual business registration
- Payroll taxes or services, including form 1099misc to contractors.
- Tax Planning, estimated taxes, or other calculations
- Amended tax returns.
- Support in an audit or penalty abatement correspondence
- Letters to lenders
- Communications with third parties to obtain documents or other information.
- IRS or state tax payment plans
- Other non-income tax related items
- Written tax advice or tax advice via email
- Due to saturation around the deadlines, if the Client does not provide all data and payment approvals within 7 days to any deadline, the Tax Preparer will likely be too saturated with work to file on time for the client.
- Our firm will not reimburse or otherwise compensate clients for late penalties and interest under any circumstance.
- The tax preparer does not guarantee an on-time filing.
- The tax preparer does not guarantee reminders for clients to meet deadlines.
- There may be other unforeseen disadvantages or problems arising from late filings. These will be the full responsibility of the client.
Positions, GE Tax Rates, and Exemptions:
- The tax preparer may collect information about the client’s situation and suggest or recommend a tax rate (wholesale vs. retail), or an exemption (such as the out of state sales exemption. However, the tax preparer does not guarantee the accuracy of these positions, exemptions, or tax rates. These positions may be examined and reversed by the Hawaii Department of Taxation, and any additional taxes, penalties, interest, or amendments incurred or as a result from disallowances, adjustments, or misunderstandings between the client and the tax preparer are the responsibility of the client.
Other Items and expectations:
- The tax preparer will depend on the client to provide the information the tax preparer needs to prepare complete and accurate returns. The tax preparer may ask to clarify items but will not audit or otherwise verify the data submitted by the client.
- It is expected of the client to disclose all applicable income to the tax preparer.
- Unless the tax preparer was hired to organize the client’s business, the client must inform the tax preparer as to the type of tax treatment that is appropriate for their business. For example, the client must tell the tax preparer to file an income tax return as a sole proprietor, partnership, s corporation, fiscal year, etc. Penalties for incorrect filings will be the responsibility of the client.
- The tax preparer will return the client’s original records and does not retain or store copies of the client’s documents or tax returns. The client must store these records, along with all supporting documents, in a secure location in case these items are needed later to prove accuracy and completeness of a tax return.
- The Tax Preparer will perform services only as needed to prepare the client’s GE or TA tax returns or otherwise agreed upon by written agreement. All work will not include procedures to find defalcations or other irregularities. Accordingly, our engagement should not be relied upon to disclose errors, fraud, or other illegal acts, though it may be necessary for you to clarify some of the information submitted by the client.
- Invoices are due and payable upon filing. Interest or collection actions may be imposed for payments beyond 30 days.
The tax preparer does not retain or store copies of the client’s records.
The tax preparer will return the client’s original records at the end of this engagement. Please store these records, along with all supporting documents, canceled checks, etc., in a secure location in case these items are needed later to prove accuracy and completeness of a return.
The Tax Preparer does not audit the Client’s work.
The Tax Preparer will perform services only as needed to prepare the Client’s tax returns or otherwise agreed upon by written agreement. All work will not include procedures to find defalcations or other irregularities. Accordingly, our engagement should not be relied upon to disclose errors, fraud, or other illegal acts, though it may be necessary for you to clarify some of the information you submit. The Tax Preparer will inform the Client of any material errors, fraud, or other illegal acts we discover and advise accordingly.
Each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
hich result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.